Virginia Pre-License Principles and Practices of Real Estate for Salesperson
Virginia Principles and Practices of Real Estate is a 60-hour course required by the Virginia Real Estate Board (VREB) for anyone who wishes to become a licensed real estate salesperson in Virginia. The course provides a comprehensive overview of real estate principles and practices.
Your questions concerning real estate as a career, how to become licensed, and the process one must take to get licensed is described in this course. Most, if not all your questions should be answered by the time the course is completed. This course is concise and detailed sufficiently enough to provide adequate understanding of the material. This course conforms to the Virginia Real Estate Board’s requirements to become licensed.
An introduction describing the upcoming lessons and material precede the start of each module, as well at a list of key terms to help the student understand real estate terminology which is required to not only pass the state exam, but also to help the student be more professional when discussing real estate with customers and clients. Each module also includes learning objectives that provide an overview of what will be learned as the students precedes through the material. A summary after each lesson provides an overview of what was presented throughout the lesson. Following the summary in most lessons will be a short quiz testing the student’s retention of the material.
To be successful in passing the course exam and the state exam, the student must be prepared to spend a lot of time studying and practicing questions. The material in this course covers the topics found on the course and state exams. Starting a new career is exciting, but a solid base must be built to have a successful real estate career.
- Course Delivery Online Interactive
- Credit Hours 60 hours
- Credit Type Salesperson Prelicense
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Maximum students 1000
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Examine real estate as a career
• Describe real estate licensing law and qualifications
• List specific acts pertaining to real estate practice
• Examine Virginia agency law
• Explore fair housing requirements and protected classes
• Explain property ownership and land use controls
• Analyze valuation and market analysis
• Differentiate among the different types of financing
• Describe the general principles of agency
• Examine contracts and disclosures agents may use
• Explain titles and records
• Identify the practices of real estate
• Practice and analyze real estate calculations