One of the careers that you could consider as part of the real estate industry is that of a property manager. The job of a property manager is quite challenging; but, the rewards are quite significant.
As a property manager, you will be the single point-of-contact for landlords and tenants. This 4-hour comprehensive course on Property Management by e-RealEstate-Training is designed to introduce interested learners to the various aspects of the roles and responsibilities involved in the job of a property manager.
This course will cover various facets of property management, including:
- Fundamentals of property management
- Duties and responsibilities of a property manager
- Drafting and execution of property agreements
- Basics of landlord-tenant relationship
- Landlord-property manager relationship, obligations, and duties
- Tenant-property manager relationship, obligations, and duties
- Management of lease negotiations
- Property maintenance
- Compliance with Federal and State property laws
- Disclosure and cleanup of environmental hazards
- Follow-up of non-payment of rent and interest
- Property management reporting procedures
- Preparation of financial statements and report generation
- Management of commercial office spaces, small retail places, and large industrial properties
- Management of residential homes and apartment blocks
- Marketing of real estate
This course is extremely hands-on. Students will be introduced to theories and real-life practical examples. The course is replete with case studies which are intended to help students put their academic knowledge to practice.
The course is ideal for anyone who wishes to be a licensed property manager in Texas. As part of the course curriculum, students are expected to complete a set of quizzes, content questions, and case studies to successfully complete the course.
- Course Delivery Online Interactive
- Credit Hours 4 hours
- Credit Type General Real Estate, General, Elective
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Maximum students 1000
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to: – Learn about the duties when interacting with tenants – Learn the basic functions including administrative duties, leasing practices and the managers legal relationships with the owner and the tenants of the property. – Construct a management agreement so that the manager and the owner clearly understand one another’s roles. – Understand the various types of property management, as well as the duties that successful property managers must carry out.