As the market becomes more competitive, only a business comprised of well-rounded licensees who provide comprehensive advice will continue to stand out. This course instructs real estate licensees on the basics of home inspection. An understanding of this information will allow the student to serve his or her clients and customers better. This course presents an overview of the home inspection business and explains how it fits into the real estate industry as a whole. In addition, the course covers the regulatory bodies and professional organizations associated with home inspection. At the conclusion of this course, the student will understand the methods used to inspect homes, will know what to look for when examining properties, both inside and out, and will understand the various types of inspection reports and the differences between them.
- Course Delivery Online Interactive
- Credit Hours 4 hours
- Credit Type Consumer Protection
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Maximum students 1000
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Summarize the development of home inspection in the inspection business.
• Identify an inspector’s role at closing in residential sales transactions.
• List the tools needed and the conduct expected in the field.
• Distinguish various field report styles and the benefits and drawbacks to each.
• Understand an inspector’s professional liability.
• Recognize the steps in the examination process.
• Identify common misconceptions about home inspection.
• Recall the value of membership to a reputable, non-profit home inspection organization.
• Describe the extent of home inspection legislation.
• List the different ways states regulate the home inspection industry.